GYROTONIC EXPANSION SYSTEM®
Be Fit. Be Well. Be…Expansive.
The Gyrotonic and Gyrokinesis methods are complementary exercise systems that fall under one umbrella – the GYROTONIC EXPANSION SYSTEM®. Both methods were developed by Juliu Horvath as a way to heal himself and regain his strength and agility after a dance injury. Gyrotonic training is a three-dimensional movement system taught on unique weight and pulley based equipment. Using the principles of yoga, dance, tai chi, and swimming, Gyrotonic work is a series of circular and fluid exercises that
- Gyrotonic exercises are performed in private sessions or small groups on custom-designed Gyrotonic equipment.
- Gyrokinesis exercises are taught in a group setting sitting on a stool and then moving to the mat for floor exercises.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Gyrotonic Method
What are the benefits of doing Gyrotonic and Gyrokinesis Excercise?
- Promotes strong, lean muscles
- Increases flexibility, coordination, and balance
- Enhances joint mobility and articulation
- Frees the body of pain and restrictions
- Increases circulation of blood, lymphatic fluids, and energy
- Strengthens the nervous system
- Complements/supplements physical therapy and other rehabilitative bodywork
- Helps prevent osteoporosis
- Helps to slow the aging process through mental and physical stimulation and regeneration
What equipment is used
at MOVE Wellness Studios in a Gyrotonic session?
We have Pulley Towers, the Jumping Stretching Board
What is the difference between Pilates and the GYROTONIC EXPANSION SYSTEM®?
At first glance, the GYROTONIC EXPANSION SYSTEM® bears some resemblance to Pilates. They both build strength and flexibility. They both have
GYROTONIC®, GYROTONIC EXPANSION SYSTEM®