Be Fit. Be Well. Be Barre.
MOVE Wellness Studios is excited to offer high-energy and dynamic Barre classes which integrate elements of Pilates, dance, cardio & strength training. Our Barre classes emphasize the correct postural and alignment principles combined with music to increase strength, flexibility, stamina and dynamic stability. It is a program geared for everyone—no dance experience required! You will be getting not only the safest and most impactful barre program available—you will have fun doing it.
Barre training, that gets real results.
- Great for beginners and experienced practitioners alike
- Increase your strength, flexibility and stamina
- Experienced, certified instructors
Following are some helpful tips to consider before your first BARRE class:
- It is best done barefoot since you need to feel your feet on the floor
- The BARRE format has multiple segments. Trained instructors will introduce the format and technique with the goal of teaching the principles, the exercises and build toward the total formats
- The 55-minute class starts with a standing warmup on the floor. Then we move to a leg warm up at the barre with a series of pliés and relevés. Next will do an arm sequence with light weights. It’s here that we target the biceps, triceps, shoulders, chest and back. Then we move into a series of barre or floor exercises that focus on the thighs and seat! We transition to standing abs and/or move to the floor for a series of planks, hip lifts and ab work. Stretching and back extensions round out your total body workout
- Don’t be intimidated by the exercises or everything you may have heard about barre workouts. The choreography is very easy to learn, and in no time you will be a pro and feeling the burn
- The class starts with a standing warm up to get your heart pumping then gradually increases the intensity with a cardio peak. Then we safely take the heart rate back down and transition to floor exercises. You will sweat!
- For best results come 3 times a week. You will notice tighter abs, a toned bottom and sculpted thighs. Plus you will develop longer, leaner definition and better balance and flexibility
- You will more the likely use the following equipment during each class:
- A barre that is fixed to the wall
- A soft ball to squeeze between your inner thighs or elsewhere
- Hand weights. Arms are the only muscles groups that we’ll work out using hand weights instead of our body weight
- A mat for exercises done on the floor
Click here to sign up for a Barre class